Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Do You Move?

When you're sleeping, and someone does something sweet for you, for example, if your partner closes the door extra quietly when they "think" you're sleeping, as not to wake you, do you move? Blink? Say "I'm awake"?

My kids will sneak in sometimes and bring me flowers and set them on my bedside. I'm awake, but I'm not "awake" so I keep my eyes closed so I don't ruin the moment.

This morning, my husband kissed my bare shoulder as I layed on my side. He generally sleeps the same direction as me, his front pressed against my back, spoony style, you know? Its just how we sleep, and I love it. But this morning, I was half awake in the early twilight and he kissed my shoulder but carefully so I wouldn't wake.

This to me was as good as any diamond bracelet with a card that says "I love you"...

maybe I'm just a cheap date.

5 comments:

K. H. said...

awww this post makes me miss--well...that would be telling...

Number Mouth said...

It would. You know how stalkers roll.

lilmammal said...

Sigh. That's absolutely lovely.

Nightmare said...

ALLIE GIRL!!! I'm so glad you're back at it I missed reading all of the asshatedness that is your Ex! I hope his penis gets caught in a chipper shredder somehow....Don't k now how but I hpe it happens.

As for the Current...well he sounds like a keeper.

Laurie said...

You're a romantic like me! I hope after this divorce I can find that feeling again! *daydreams*